This dessert is a family favorite. It took me a few tries to get it just right, but I finally got it. It is a recipe I got from my husband’s mom and aunt. It is absolutely delicious! It is also great for summer get-togethers. You can really get creative with it.
- 2 1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine (melted)
- 2 (8oz) pkgs cream cheese
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 4 Tbsp milk
- 2 cups halved strawberries
- 2 (4 serving) pkgs Jell-o Instant pudding (Vanilla or Lemon)
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (9oz) container cool whip (thawed)
- Combine the vanilla wafers and butter and press them into the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake at 375° for 8 minutes, then let it cool.
- Beat cream cheese with sugar and 4 Tbsp milk in a bowl until smooth. Spread it
A flag made for Memorial Day I used Blackberries and Strawberries, but the blackberries could very easily be replaced with blueberries.
evenly in the crumb-lined pan.
- Arrange most of the strawberries on the cream cheese mixture.
- Combine the pudding mix and 3 cups of milk into a bowl.
- Beat slowly with a rotary beater on the lowest setting until well blended (about 2 minutes).
- Fold in 2 cups of whipped topping.
- Spread the pudding and whipped topping mixture over the strawberries and cream cheese mixture.
- Set and chill until it is set (about 2 hours).
- Spread remaining whipped topping and strawberries on top.
Since we are opening up during Easter Week, I thought it only appropriate to start our “Recipe Book” with an Easter treat! Here is one that you can make with the kids or to take with you to an Easter gathering. They look awesome and taste great too!
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 drops yellow food color
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 36 jellybeans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, beat sugar, egg, vanilla, and food color with an electric beater on medium speed until well blended. Beat in flour until smooth then fold in coconut.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Flour your thumb and make an indentation in the center of each cookie to create a “nest.”
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges are golden. Remove from oven and gently push 2 jelly beans into each nest. Let nests cool slightly on baking sheets then remove to wire racks to cool completely. Store in airtight containers.
Recipe obtained from:http://www.mrfood.com/Cookie-Recipes/Easter-Egg-Nests#