Since we are opening up during Easter Week, I thought it only appropriate to start our “Recipe Book” with an Easter treat! Here is one that you can make with the kids or to take with you to an Easter gathering. They look awesome and taste great too!
Makes: 18 small nests
Cooking Time: 10 min
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 drops yellow food color
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 36 jellybeans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, beat sugar, egg, vanilla, and food color with an electric beater on medium speed until well blended. Beat in flour until smooth then fold in coconut.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Flour your thumb and make an indentation in the center of each cookie to create a “nest.”
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges are golden. Remove from oven and gently push 2 jelly beans into each nest. Let nests cool slightly on baking sheets then remove to wire racks to cool completely. Store in airtight containers.
Recipe obtained from:http://www.mrfood.com/Cookie-Recipes/Easter-Egg-Nests#